Seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB detection name usually means that your PC is in big danger. This virus can correctly be named as ransomware – sort of malware which ciphers your files and asks you to pay for their decryption. Stopping it requires some unusual steps that must be taken as soon as possible.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB detection is a virus detection you can spectate in your system. It often shows up after the preliminary procedures on your PC – opening the suspicious e-mail, clicking the advertisement in the Web or mounting the program from suspicious resources. From the moment it appears, you have a short time to take action until it begins its destructive activity. And be sure – it is much better not to wait for these destructive actions.
What is Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB virus?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB is ransomware-type malware. It searches for the files on your disk, encrypts it, and after that asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents inaccessible, this virus additionally does a lot of harm to your system. It changes the networking setups in order to avoid you from looking for the removal manuals or downloading the antivirus. Sometimes, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB can even block the launching of anti-malware programs.
In total, Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB malware activities in the infected computer are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- HTTPS urls from behavior.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Marathi;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavioural detection: Injection (inter-process);
- Behavioural detection: Transacted Hollowing;
- Created a process from a suspicious location;
- Collects and encrypts information about the computer likely to send to C2 server;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- STOP ransomware registry artifacts detected;
- CAPE detected the STOP malware family;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a known STOP ransomware variant mutex;
- STOP ransomware command line behavior detected;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Encrypting the documents located on the victim’s disk drive — so the victim cannot open these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-malware programs
Ransomware has actually been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is hard to imagine a more harmful virus for both individual users and corporations. The algorithms utilized in Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB (typically, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy actually exists, and possibly will exist. However, that virus does not do all these terrible things without delay – it can require up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB detection is a clear signal that you have to start the removal process.
Where did I get the Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB?
Routine tactics of Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB spreading are usual for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where victims are offered to download the free app, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait e-mails are a quite new strategy in malware distribution – you get the email that simulates some standard notifications about deliveries or bank service conditions updates. Within the email, there is a corrupted MS Office file, or a link which leads to the exploit landing site.
Avoiding it looks pretty easy, but still needs tons of focus. Malware can hide in different places, and it is far better to stop it even before it invades your PC than to rely on an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity awareness is just an essential item in the modern world, even if your relationship with a computer stays on YouTube videos. That can save you a great deal of time and money which you would spend while trying to find a solution.
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB malware technical details
File Info:name: 11849A594C16DC486893.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/bdf251f537e3cc2dcef75ce2b442f79d924febf76789e850752e40dc14b97fffcrc32: 9143EA97md5: 11849a594c16dc48689328e517f9229bsha1: 5e2d8e8d3157c0617fb171f43bd6ef531adfbf9csha256: bdf251f537e3cc2dcef75ce2b442f79d924febf76789e850752e40dc14b97fffsha512: dab05feccc9c7ee006abb6eab1dc0663335185f6e968d4872edc0b39587bdd09b8ebd272531e66c242100dcf6c520abe34c3829a820447de9d6197b0b3c77094ssdeep: 12288:sByfwxbsnT5puINq++W28xkctwOF9HnhLAXzS+Xlqf6UT22vxOtfykhysr:sB/bkH/q+d28OctZvH846kbUf3ystype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T1140512213AA1C535EAF73774607C92512D3B7C1363B4E9AF63842AB82E715C18EE9353sha3_384: 6512f4a207dfdba850e0aff80bc9f7264e86a934f9782299f287fb2a302e1c6507ea6e196fdc479b842b7ad0c4589054ep_bytes: e817310000e989feffff8bff51c701e0timestamp: 2021-11-02 03:47:18
Version Info:FileVersion: 220.127.116.11Copyrighz: Copyright (C) 2022, pazkarteProjectVersion: 18.104.22.168
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDMK:cmRtazqz+eqfRmgd6+Uh1VgmJyHc)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB?
Ransom:Win32/StopCrypt.PBE!MTB malware is incredibly difficult to eliminate by hand. It places its documents in multiple places throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Additionally, countless changes in the registry, networking settings and Group Policies are quite hard to identify and change to the initial. It is far better to utilize a specific program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the most ideal for virus removal purposes.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is really light-weight and has its databases updated almost every hour. Additionally, it does not have such bugs and exposures as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware suitable for removing malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)