What is Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the definition of Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ and its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to start funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Danish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks through which Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a resource that organizes a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or prevent the tool from operating in a proper fashion – while also putting a ransom note that states the need for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ distribution channels.
In numerous corners of the globe, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may vary relying on certain local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ popup alert may wrongly claim to be originating from a police organization as well as will report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ popup alert may incorrectly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will report having located kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the device. The alert will similarly contain a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 265CDF19md5: a99f4864bf31159bca106e2eb854cde9name: A99F4864BF31159BCA106E2EB854CDE9.mlwsha1: dce8ac013157ef9ad6d0fc67e9a2a43a04490b57sha256: b12e62c17c045640c99918ebd27a2b453da171ae80ead952017b84aa19799f41sha512: 562f9ebef3c6f27be30717c40748c54634df23bdad98021d364c2b2663be46b772c576c704bee4bfbf2c2aac017456be64eda7bd0ea3944be5637300b9151dedssdeep: 3072:SFrWxYKFDnqvffIY0nStLBN3cwiZv3Q4c+U+guDIqz8br0xa7+mHqnE6i:SF0YKZSYJnSjxQvwazC4xw+mEXitype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:ProductVersion: 22.214.171.124Translation: 0x0844 0x16d3
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005357ca1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005357ca1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Agent-AUL|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)