What is MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the meaning of MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen as well as its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online scams to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen infection will certainly advise its targets to launch funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- A process was set to shut the system down when terminated;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels where MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the tool from working in a correct manner – while likewise putting a ransom money note that states the demand for the sufferers to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the papers or recovering the file system back to the initial condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ relying on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a police establishment and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited data on the device.
MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located child pornography or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 2048825Dmd5: a003a34a2b7ca92f9275e21119efa0cbname: A003A34A2B7CA92F9275E21119EFA0CB.mlwsha1: a1af301d1336d928999671f8cec4f34e94596c34sha256: 0a6ec7035736ccb50c8f6b950b48944b49b97d1db7627658adc849f05550c206sha512: 9893a1079622ba8f9a0af9390e48e9e812e2b4aa4962f25acb798bd3adbab2c5fd32339e5655eb815f29169cf9fc7d8836e2b85afe1c5b07856860152d7c4b23ssdeep: 6144:W6GDMD/jWQYOeFOi4fFBijl9gL0ZHwO0kAjHjjfhD8u8vpVC:/mMD/i/4N0jjgLOQp7jfpYzvtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: dns.ScrFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: dns.Scr
MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004b9c021 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004b9c021 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.AWJ.Gen you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)