What is Ransom.Winlock.Generic infection?
In this post you will locate about the meaning of Ransom.Winlock.Generic as well as its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the situations, Ransom.Winlock.Generic infection will certainly advise its victims to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (2 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the victim’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical networks where Ransom.Winlock.Generic Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or stop the device from operating in an appropriate fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that discusses the need for the victims to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Ransom.Winlock.Generic distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Ransom.Winlock.Generic expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending upon specific neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful material.
In nations where software piracy is less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Ransom.Winlock.Generic popup alert may falsely assert to be stemming from a police establishment and will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other illegal information on the gadget.
Ransom.Winlock.Generic popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster pornography or other illegal data on the device. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E754B4D1md5: 3c331a938bc2a6f6594748c3b31b0ae4name: e4fa9862b8630d46.exesha1: 3291173a1271a7e3a6bf12d710eaf3da89c5ae33sha256: 54a3ed2e2a422f4b21e36c08e7c4134bc4a2e2d986ad1c759820f0cbd95f3087sha512: 58cd3ea2555019bb1bd70c8714d27553ef2d5ee89b2ce0fd7d5f13f08ee5e288113e1f98785879f9d35d5d1a3ae0b422a16e4157d4ac6286ad9486eca7b79c40ssdeep: 24576:MCtKpA9IWDAtgTFfP9GsrOsybfWgePGYvcV70T:HtKpjCrwbfnWCITtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom.Winlock.Generic also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.BHD|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Ransom.Winlock.Generic ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom.Winlock.Generic files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom.Winlock.Generic you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)