Spectating the PWSX-gen [Trj] detection name means that your PC is in big danger. This malware can correctly be named as ransomware – virus which ciphers your files and forces you to pay for their decryption. Deleteing it requires some specific steps that must be done as soon as possible.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
PWSX-gen [Trj] detection is a malware detection you can spectate in your system. It usually appears after the preliminary actions on your PC – opening the suspicious e-mail messages, clicking the banner in the Web or setting up the program from dubious sources. From the second it shows up, you have a short time to take action until it begins its harmful action. And be sure – it is better not to wait for these malicious things.
What is PWSX-gen [Trj] virus?
PWSX-gen [Trj] is ransomware-type malware. It looks for the files on your disk, encrypts it, and then asks you to pay the ransom for getting the decryption key. Besides making your documents locked, this malware also does a lot of damage to your system. It modifies the networking settings in order to stop you from checking out the elimination tutorials or downloading the anti-malware program. In some cases, PWSX-gen [Trj] can also prevent the setup of anti-malware programs.
PWSX-gen [Trj] Summary
In total, PWSX-gen [Trj] malware actions in the infected PC are next:
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Behavioural detection: Executable code extraction – unpacking;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Creates RWX memory;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Enumerates the modules from a process (may be used to locate base addresses in process injection);
- CAPE extracted potentially suspicious content;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Marathi;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- CAPE detected the RedLine malware family;
- Encrypting the documents located on the target’s disks — so the victim cannot open these documents;
- Blocking the launching of .exe files of security tools
- Blocking the launching of installation files of anti-virus programs
Ransomware has been a major problem for the last 4 years. It is difficult to imagine a more hazardous malware for both individual users and companies. The algorithms utilized in PWSX-gen [Trj] (generally, RHA-1028 or AES-256) are not hackable – with minor exclusions. To hack it with a brute force, you need more time than our galaxy currently exists, and possibly will exist. But that virus does not do all these horrible things instantly – it can take up to a few hours to cipher all of your files. Hence, seeing the PWSX-gen [Trj] detection is a clear signal that you must begin the elimination procedure.
Where did I get the PWSX-gen [Trj]?
Common ways of PWSX-gen [Trj] injection are basic for all other ransomware variants. Those are one-day landing sites where users are offered to download the free software, so-called bait emails and hacktools. Bait emails are a relatively new strategy in malware spreading – you get the email that mimics some standard notifications about shippings or bank service conditions modifications. Within the email, there is a malicious MS Office file, or a link which opens the exploit landing site.
Preventing it looks pretty easy, however, still needs a lot of attention. Malware can hide in different spots, and it is better to prevent it even before it invades your system than to rely on an anti-malware program. Essential cybersecurity awareness is just an important thing in the modern world, even if your interaction with a PC stays on YouTube videos. That can keep you a lot of money and time which you would spend while seeking a fix guide.
PWSX-gen [Trj] malware technical details
File Info:name: 1C138A3382801AD683D6.mlwpath: /opt/CAPEv2/storage/binaries/c476656037a097af9717298ae2dba21ccba0ccc5f2fcb3f97c720449753aba09crc32: 5D1948C7md5: 1c138a3382801ad683d6d3fdcb509974sha1: c51db47ae84d35ca94b181c962b2e2f27d43d35csha256: c476656037a097af9717298ae2dba21ccba0ccc5f2fcb3f97c720449753aba09sha512: a2d490a478328803f229dd572f1a767115326f6176107eb1db8c62d3c0b92b3535d1c86f696d9ed723d193af402960975f4657f8d84c94b6d0209cf4e442ad12ssdeep: 6144:39b49xhqQDeA7ecvwBY8ysKy7KHdgp4fiM:Nb49xhqQDeA7J8dKy7Kdgp9type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windowstlsh: T11864F11179D2C832C1B35B3415B9EF62AA7EB8222670404BF79905F86F712D13DB839Bsha3_384: d633247320e2fd329f4bb55b661e97964b5c9dd4a86a8a6199206d20cf9f52b002020cd7e18dcb029e4f749896b33033ep_bytes: e8c22d0000e989feffff578bc683e00ftimestamp: 2021-10-27 13:35:12
Version Info:FileVersion: 18.104.22.168Copyrighz: Copyright (C) 2022, pazkarteProjectVersion: 22.214.171.124
PWSX-gen [Trj] also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057c3ac1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057c3ac1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove PWSX-gen [Trj]?
PWSX-gen [Trj] malware is incredibly difficult to erase manually. It places its documents in a variety of locations throughout the disk, and can restore itself from one of the parts. Furthermore, a range of alterations in the registry, networking configurations and also Group Policies are fairly hard to identify and revert to the initial. It is much better to utilize a special app – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will fit the most ideal for virus removal purposes.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its databases updated nearly every hour. In addition, it does not have such problems and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these aspects makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware perfect for clearing away malware of any form.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of [SHORT_NAME] the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
User Review( votes)