What is PUP.Optional.VeryFast infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate regarding the definition of PUP.Optional.VeryFast and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, PUP.Optional.VeryFast virus will certainly advise its sufferers to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (2 unique times);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- A process sent information about the computer to a remote location.;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks where PUP.Optional.VeryFast Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or stop the device from working in a correct fashion – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
PUP.Optional.VeryFast distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the world, PUP.Optional.VeryFast expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on particular neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited content.
In nations where software program piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the PUP.Optional.VeryFast popup alert might incorrectly declare to be stemming from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated child pornography or other prohibited data on the device.
PUP.Optional.VeryFast popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located child pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 42BF5104md5: d819af7c4a936eb248f2da8194a4a69cname: D819AF7C4A936EB248F2DA8194A4A69C.mlwsha1: 9cdefbae618ca3d66ffea3156ec1aca3f5b324d2sha256: 2084444daf1b5243154fb3b10c8816a85585f5668c7f49ab8246b16314fc1976sha512: b36c76bb69accfe4fca9c1a8de24583fd21d32279ade79c76fe53b402a4e93413281b3669a3de536de57a379cd3b25db53eb98bc59478949c136bcfe846c7e98ssdeep: 24576:iXHLb75aZQOK25hMlifQquJUubHqa4Z75iZQ:Ub9aSp2LMYfQq0UUHX4Z9iStype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, Nullsoft Installer self-extracting archive
Version Info:0: [No Data]
PUP.Optional.VeryFast also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Adware ( 0057c8ed1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|K7GW||Adware ( 0057c8ed1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Adware.VeryFast.D|
How to remove PUP.Optional.VeryFast ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for PUP.Optional.VeryFast files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove PUP.Optional.VeryFast you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)