What is MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the definition of MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] and also its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] Summary
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most typical networks where MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the device from functioning in a correct way – while also positioning a ransom note that discusses the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the initial condition. In many instances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been damaged.
MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] distribution channels.
In various corners of the world, MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] grows by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity may vary relying on particular local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful material.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police organization and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other illegal data on the tool.
MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will report having situated kid porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 80C33AF4md5: 0cefce0dbbbedc5eb1febe4d85b23c71name: 0CEFCE0DBBBEDC5EB1FEBE4D85B23C71.mlwsha1: 6aef7d5a462268c438c8417ee0da3f130b8aa84asha256: aaf1c2e67e9049fcbfd9f97302d78837769e1ad20fb2c4f35c69339e95845938sha512: 1311cf0b918419c192b3914a01e467430f445aaf6a003338e2176b1527c74263f658d8d39bd6d9c78b70324615101026767034798945d42d25215ee4d45654bfssdeep: 12288:lnhtIy1hwrU6iArDokTOm4Ndc427rSWb3pM+Y9Mu506gK8uaBmuY:Nh+ykBxV4Ndc42PSWdq1JgUaB3Ytype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: DecoratorsAssembly Version: 22.214.171.124InternalName: Brisk.exeFileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: AnguishesLegalTrademarks: Breaths DissemblingComments: CrawlerProductName: Demon AttractionsProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: Crib DistillersOriginalFilename: Brisk.exe
MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL:Agent-CMY [Trj] you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)