What is MSIL/LockScreen.LU infection?
In this article you will find concerning the interpretation of MSIL/LockScreen.LU as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the situations, MSIL/LockScreen.LU ransomware will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular networks where MSIL/LockScreen.LU Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or protect against the gadget from operating in a correct manner – while also positioning a ransom money note that points out the demand for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will turn up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
MSIL/LockScreen.LU circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, MSIL/LockScreen.LU grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary relying on specific local (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on certain local (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the MSIL/LockScreen.LU popup alert might incorrectly declare to be originating from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located kid porn or other unlawful data on the tool.
MSIL/LockScreen.LU popup alert may wrongly assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated kid porn or various other illegal information on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 77E73ABAmd5: 25efb7d628fc72b6ed81749e26a187c6name: 25EFB7D628FC72B6ED81749E26A187C6.mlwsha1: b8c22fbabe22ea1cdc260dfcb37220f339ef786fsha256: 955625a6bd13dd9d053aec70b93573c7412bcba7e1bd735cb6146f28cbd8e628sha512: 09e0851bb99207f818b2737eb94a46dfa61f70840c6bf65d8d0ff64fbf2d326591b79f9f0f1af30f32fad6a7e936dd12793e71f201f2bfce9b9fca2956fc224fssdeep: 24576:DerudklIZjqKO4NJaYHpy8WlWh8vE9YO7rI3Qf25D7sPDuwj:irflIt3DaYMnXvE9x7bsD7aptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2014Assembly Version: 126.96.36.199InternalName: MyLittlePony.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52ProductName: MyLittlePonyProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: MyLittlePonyOriginalFilename: MyLittlePony.exe
MSIL/LockScreen.LU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/LockScreen.LU|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL/LockScreen.LU virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/LockScreen.LU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/LockScreen.LU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)