What is Generik.HDXOFJY infection?
In this article you will locate about the meaning of Generik.HDXOFJY and also its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the situations, Generik.HDXOFJY virus will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels where Generik.HDXOFJY are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or prevent the gadget from working in an appropriate way – while likewise placing a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Generik.HDXOFJY circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Generik.HDXOFJY grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity might differ relying on specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s tool. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful web content.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Generik.HDXOFJY popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having situated kid porn or various other prohibited information on the gadget.
Generik.HDXOFJY popup alert might falsely declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment and will report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 5D531CFCmd5: f8cdf58a48ab4a40c8fc258ee693edf6name: F8CDF58A48AB4A40C8FC258EE693EDF6.mlwsha1: 2cef64322401b296ffa4191122d64e78d54b6233sha256: 7f40f2d0022efea187f7d22407332c13747a9f537889f2863c8136162778721csha512: b5c0b9eca4dfac320d76964f62d6a17d564601cd1cce4daec19dd4297032ec11dfd244af7eff9c179a55dd2e991192bc87e462837b0f1d9ebdfecf92b0819eeessdeep: 3072:5NvLVZO6PKW1cOUlTvZ0onoRGD8jyI7KkocvBpm88l4rsXfb3hP3ptM6m2LTO5g:nDxC70ofg+ZknBOj3hxvm2mF6type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2000 - 2014 KG and its Licensors Razer IncInternalName: SelectableFatherFileVersion: 22.214.171.124CompanyName: Razer IncLegalTrademarks: Copyright xa9 2000 - 2014 KG and its Licensors Razer IncComments: x95memory Forcing Expr CmplainerProductName: SelectableFatherLanguages: EnglishProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: x95memory Forcing Expr CmplainerOriginalFilename: SelectableFather.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Generik.HDXOFJY also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053e3df1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053e3df1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.HDXOFJY|
How to remove Generik.HDXOFJY virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.HDXOFJY files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.HDXOFJY you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)