What is MSIL/Injector.CIG infection?
In this post you will find regarding the meaning of MSIL/Injector.CIG and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the cases, MSIL/Injector.CIG infection will instruct its victims to launch funds move for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the records found on the victim’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels where MSIL/Injector.CIG are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or stop the gadget from working in a correct fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the need for the victims to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
MSIL/Injector.CIG circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the globe, MSIL/Injector.CIG grows by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount might differ relying on specific local (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the MSIL/Injector.CIG popup alert might incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police institution as well as will report having located kid porn or various other illegal data on the device.
MSIL/Injector.CIG popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 99CFB096md5: de3f84fbbfa1b91d84771cae002d42c0name: DE3F84FBBFA1B91D84771CAE002D42C0.mlwsha1: 31f1f99e99e15245fe6d08424ab9468b3684d896sha256: 8a24c02621ea2904139abd4ecf6a7037fd6dcacb34b13ad9483490492c798e7dsha512: 79751639aa6203d8043612a52bf08ec27891bf121f474c64999010a5776c3240ba6187fdb1a2559e740f4bc542951b88039139127f420e366152a4859e103998ssdeep: 12288:lpgN3+dB7msTnw/wdYBEQSVmxBgvdQdnEEZx:/i3+3dUoYBlSVDaxtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright by jhfhfMicrosoft 2012Assembly Version: 188.8.131.52InternalName: bn,b.exeFileVersion: 4.1.5.x200b0CompanyName: Microsoft fhjdfhfdhfCorporationLegalTrademarks: All Rightsfhfdhf reserved!Comments: Windows fhjffhjMessengerProductName: Live hjfhfhjgfMessengerProductVersion: 4.1.5.x200b0FileDescription: Windows jgjfjhfgjLive MessengerOriginalFilename: bn,b.exe
MSIL/Injector.CIG also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e39a1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e39a1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Injector.CIG|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/MSIL-HPV|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove MSIL/Injector.CIG ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Injector.CIG files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Injector.CIG you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)