The HackTool:Win32/Activator detection is a sign of an unwanted program running on your PC. This detection stands for an app that performs outlaw activations a certain program.
Usually, Activator detection just notifies that the program you’ve downloaded to activate another program is illegal to use. However, there are instances where such activation tools were used as shells around actual malware. That’s why you should be especially careful using this software.
The HackTool:Win32/Activator detection you can see in the lower right side is shown to you by Microsoft Defender. As Microsoft thoroughly follows international copyright laws, their built-in antivirus will block any programs with functionality like Activator has. Though, that does not mean you should ignore this warning and command the antivirus to stop blocking it.
Since cracking the programs or creating a utility for that purpose is impossible to monetize in a legal manner, handymen seek for an alternative. And malware happens to be one of a few ones for them. They simply embed a malicious script into the Win32/Activator, and once you run it, the script will download malware to your system.
|Activator is attached to another program (such as a document), which can replicate and spread after an initial execution.
|See If Your System Has Been Affected by Activator HackTool
Is HackTool:Win32/Activator dangerous?
As I have said, HackTool Win32 Activator is not outright dangerous. However, in most cases, its use is illegal. In addition, although it is not malware, scammers can inject malicious scripts into the code of this utility. This is where the main danger lies.
Since Activator usually requires administrative privileges, it can bypass any system limitations. As a result, once a malicious script is inside, it will have no problem connecting to the remote server and downloading malware. And having admin privileges, it can grant the same privileges to the payload.
- Using cracks or activators to avoid software licensing can result in legal consequences.
- Activators can contain malware and expose your system to viruses, Trojans, or ransomware.
- Untrusted activators can expose your system to vulnerabilities by tampering with software code.
- Cracked software lacks support and updates, making it vulnerable to threats and compatibility issues.
- Activators can install unwanted software and degrade user experience with intrusive ads and browser redirects.
How to remove the HackTool:Win32/Activator from my PC?
HackTool:Win32/Activator malware is very difficult to delete manually. It puts its documents in a variety of places throughout the disk, and can recover itself from one of the parts. Moreover, a range of alterations in the registry, networking setups and also Group Policies are fairly hard to identify and return to the initial. It is much better to make use of a special program – exactly, an anti-malware app. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will definitely fit the best for malware removal objectives.
Why GridinSoft Anti-Malware? It is very light-weight and has its detection databases updated practically every hour. Furthermore, it does not have such problems and vulnerabilities as Microsoft Defender does. The combination of these facts makes GridinSoft Anti-Malware perfect for eliminating malware of any kind.
Remove the viruses with GridinSoft Anti-Malware
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. After the installation, you will be offered to perform the Standard Scan. Approve this action.
- Standard scan checks the logical disk where the system files are stored, together with the files of programs you have already installed. The scan lasts up to 6 minutes.
- When the scan is over, you may choose the action for each detected virus. For all files of Activator the default option is “Delete”. Press “Apply” to finish the malware removal.
How to Remove HackTool:Win32/Activator Malware
Description: HackTool:Win32/Activator is a detection name used to mark a wide array of utilities that provide illegal software activation. Aside from law-breaking purposes, such programs can also be used as a shell for malware delivery. We do not recommend to use any tools like Win32/Activator, and scan your device after one been active in your system.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: HackTool
User Review( votes)