What is Generik.HQUACP infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the definition of Generik.HQUACP and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Generik.HQUACP ransomware will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (75 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files situated on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which Generik.HQUACP are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a source that organizes a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or avoid the tool from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while also putting a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Generik.HQUACP circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Generik.HQUACP grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending on particular neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited content.
In nations where software application piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Generik.HQUACP popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will report having located child pornography or various other prohibited information on the gadget.
Generik.HQUACP popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located kid porn or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 2C5ECC7Bmd5: 7ebe968d48e842e49f705fb5929998ebname: 7EBE968D48E842E49F705FB5929998EB.mlwsha1: cd1dae0895d34c6faff9a45af20eaf2ef9db6e84sha256: 06801bb55190871266ca5846aaf7932d1f41813536403f7367c10dbbe3218632sha512: 4a72ccc664e3606a61c24d8c1ce25ed14c937949fe70c26b91fcc85f438892b0052f0c4d9813726642d06a01a7eba1e9ffe12c2c6d55f5c3246f6b1820b93bd3ssdeep: 6144:wopFrpdTI8gj5GkM4u1CoxrvB70PpYAeEsL1FileycbbyLI40n9tYIUZSC:wghIRhIr57imA6L1Zycb+040n9tUZrtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, Nullsoft Installer self-extracting archive
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2006-2009 Warzone Resurrection ProjectInternalName: Warzone 2100FileVersion: 1.0 7:14:15 PMCompanyName: Warzone Resurrection ProjectProductName: Warzone 2100ProductVersion: 1.0FileDescription: Warzone 2100 UpdaterTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Generik.HQUACP also known as:
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.HQUACP|
How to remove Generik.HQUACP virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.HQUACP files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.HQUACP you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)