What is Generik.HCXWSAF infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the interpretation of Generik.HCXWSAF as well as its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Generik.HCXWSAF virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks whereby Generik.HCXWSAF Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or stop the gadget from working in a proper way – while likewise positioning a ransom note that states the need for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the first problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Generik.HCXWSAF distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, Generik.HCXWSAF expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on certain local (regional) setups. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might vary depending on certain local (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The alert after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal material.
In nations where software piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Generik.HCXWSAF popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located kid porn or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Generik.HCXWSAF popup alert might falsely claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the device. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3D84ECE9md5: 8a0ee53da1419da5a50d8da6bee696afname: 8A0EE53DA1419DA5A50D8DA6BEE696AF.mlwsha1: 762775afc935966ea14a0c98082c68e9cb02aef3sha256: 7f02d819cc81fe3e2f6492eb32e281c4604115dbbdcb05010fce8f471a7c9d43sha512: fa3ecfc90ce529ab8ac46d2b3133489ae8e8f74233d38aeb16b64202eb0707dc33ea65c72c2e041c8f581da12e30253120d80cd5e1cfba92abcf7e14e1be6608ssdeep: 6144:9H5nKDdywBnP+1KSP75QGFFC6S2icXWkHAXAssTrUgdi1asXnnr3Q:9H5nY7nP+1N72Gu6SfcXbMRsTrUScQtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: 2006-2014 (c) Elaborate BytesInternalName: ExceptionsAFileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: Elaborate BytesFileDescription: Fla Dce PopularityLegalTrademarks: 2006-2014 (c) Elaborate BytesComments: Fla Dce PopularityProductName: ExceptionsALanguages: EnglishProductVersion: 188.8.131.52PrivateBuild: 184.108.40.206OriginalFilename: ExceptionsA.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Generik.HCXWSAF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00524ce11 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00524ce11 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.HCXWSAF|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Generik.HCXWSAF ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.HCXWSAF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.HCXWSAF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)