What is BAT/Agent.PCF infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover concerning the interpretation of BAT/Agent.PCF and also its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the cases, BAT/Agent.PCF infection will certainly advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the function of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Detected script timer window indicative of sleep style evasion;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Clears Windows events or logs;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to modify UAC prompt behavior;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks where BAT/Agent.PCF Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or stop the device from working in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
BAT/Agent.PCF distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, BAT/Agent.PCF expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on specific local (local) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning prohibited content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the BAT/Agent.PCF popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a police institution and will report having situated child porn or other unlawful data on the gadget.
BAT/Agent.PCF popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 80FA3AD5md5: 2563a5a96069d301f714da50bf2bfd23name: 2563A5A96069D301F714DA50BF2BFD23.mlwsha1: a141f3920524e729f9bdd5af9eab9647d604a61fsha256: debf790d7893e09ac2d257b43ef155736063097f32e2c429d4e7a31d05d42531sha512: 7e7796fd14941c32b9913d29d9ec7fe4415879406761151b61c72c88ec585f73ca02886692dd872d85d80fb95d4c0cc0d1ba48b85e0c514f92c87149c6b5300essdeep: 24576:IYFz746zj6KU/b5xjoxyhOuasaTz6t1NC:IYFzVUbk0wuraPkgtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
BAT/Agent.PCF also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0051918e1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0051918e1 )|
|Sophos||Generic PUA KB (PUA)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove BAT/Agent.PCF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for BAT/Agent.PCF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove BAT/Agent.PCF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)