What is Worm:Win32/Prolaco infection?
In this post you will certainly locate concerning the interpretation of Worm:Win32/Prolaco and its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Worm:Win32/Prolaco ransomware will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Afrikaans;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most common networks whereby Worm:Win32/Prolaco Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the tool from working in a correct way – while also placing a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the records or bring back the data system back to the preliminary condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Worm:Win32/Prolaco distribution channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Worm:Win32/Prolaco expands by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ relying on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Worm:Win32/Prolaco popup alert might incorrectly claim to be stemming from a police establishment and will report having situated kid pornography or other unlawful information on the device.
Worm:Win32/Prolaco popup alert might wrongly assert to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: E97CE878md5: e9e6ced6fabee7a6ddcb24f458351dafname: E9E6CED6FABEE7A6DDCB24F458351DAF.mlwsha1: f8ec85721ad2c4316ffa1519af7edcf051e6e811sha256: 8a7cbe6aef6b237f5b22c21c942344c0fa75e3d5253a7351b2677ec7feab362fsha512: cfc766602b7d62884964ebbd279f7a86424ab0cf029c401307c8e36f0e82d3e6774565952985b0a0521303463790bb893724b936ae561a3a69a9fff043373d54ssdeep: 12288:x4eHUyhX/xQWWwHs1yZJb/0oNWhd5W40EHkW+iAk0zK6CL:xfH7Pj0/HqHiAkyKJtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Worm:Win32/Prolaco also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 000ab86d1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 000ab86d1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/CryptBox-A|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Prolaco virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Prolaco files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Prolaco you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/