What is Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U infection?
In this article you will find regarding the interpretation of Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U and also its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the situations, Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U virus will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Korean;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Operates on local firewall’s policies and settings;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Harvests information related to installed mail clients;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Ciphering the files situated on the target’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most typical networks whereby Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or avoid the tool from working in a proper manner – while additionally placing a ransom money note that discusses the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending upon specific local (regional) setups. The ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on particular regional (local) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited content.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and will report having situated child porn or various other unlawful information on the tool.
Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child pornography or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will in a similar way contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: ADD16D48md5: 43fe5b1cfdfb1bf771aa885bd425502cname: 43FE5B1CFDFB1BF771AA885BD425502C.mlwsha1: 744ca87e4113737dc9f124e65c0d63d8324caf8bsha256: 7d7734a8c1c608ec62301529193d2e6774987c6471c160168d4349f36a1e30d6sha512: 439f579cf19f89c8da317575c656e719e7ad076bc16cc076d1c07b41383422d950a03f4e3430ffb23db54e546f2e0dd1dfa777889ec3d5614c7c9ba4631051d4ssdeep: 12288:pJ9r582Uza0ewFLWCR7ZsLxH8cS81VCC0kODYdp/PfiON9p62v3zGF80LTZSmUvo:pvavFS/j1VrOcGOYe3zGF3XpTzddtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: (C)Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: Wextract FileVersion: 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating SystemProductVersion: 6.00.2900.5512FileDescription: Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor OriginalFilename: WEXTRACT.EXE Translation: 0x0412 0x04b0
Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e3991 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Merond.AC|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious SFX|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Prolaco.U you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/