What is Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I infection?
In this article you will locate about the definition of Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I and its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the instances, Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I ransomware will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels whereby Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the tool from functioning in an appropriate way – while likewise placing a ransom note that points out the demand for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the initial problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful material.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful data on the tool.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 764D8C67md5: 6ce7e724070bb7f609b33d0c46dc6a98name: 6CE7E724070BB7F609B33D0C46DC6A98.mlwsha1: 099b4d1b95a45d3c0bfb4cd7062078add1422f8csha256: 8e6bfad85936cb3606e4f8f6c5b49d31243709c7b38e8a349859685e98055ad7sha512: bf61b4f42cb0cf06651f98ab4f830c3d9d8685a8970e2a759c210a2a3a68d6ab4e1e6ceb6065fb56962b58eb3d1c70b6cfd392bc09720bc632bc1330c3ebf440ssdeep: 3072:FBO5aYJyfUKZA+CQiF2vXxt3M2aFmeG86:NvqJQiFyhZAt6type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Deinothe steganop vacciniu 2008-2002InternalName: SatisfyiFileVersion: 1.03.0009CompanyName: TechSmithComments: InfinityProductName: Countert voderProductVersion: 1.03.0009FileDescription: PreacherOriginalFilename: Satisfyi.exe
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||EmailWorm ( 004c16271 )|
|K7GW||EmailWorm ( 004c16271 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.AKJV|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)