What is Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover about the interpretation of Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F and its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the instances, Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F ransomware will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels whereby Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the device from functioning in a proper manner – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F circulation networks.
In various corners of the globe, Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending upon certain local (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain local (local) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In nations where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F popup alert may falsely declare to be deriving from a police establishment and will report having located child pornography or various other unlawful information on the device.
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F popup alert may incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and also will report having located youngster pornography or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 9737D23Cmd5: 3b80f4339caa5c1fddfcbb67cfce10e0name: 3B80F4339CAA5C1FDDFCBB67CFCE10E0.mlwsha1: d4b670cda23862a03c74ae75b6a74cf48f0522efsha256: a953ad82a63ccaf1aa1f9ac8c864b8b10b6985517b82eab8f0e568f85e2069desha512: e87d837d79cf23b9d9d4147235d7c43cb8907f52c14045fc1a1e3a8e2937cf342323ad5bcb647acb9fee24eaf903a8d29b8c95c4c71e49977149203b4c016503ssdeep: 1536:EituTXCmCnzZ0zqEDKWd5fX3hgUPmYZ+o:EituLCZ7EDrDCUPd/type: MS-DOS executable
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 VirusBlokAda Ltd. 1993-2009FileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: the VideoLAN TeamProductName: Vba32 LoaderProductVersion: 188.8.131.52FileDescription: Vba32 LoaderTranslation: 0x0409 0x0000
Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.ALXL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|Rising||[email protected] (RDML:JcW18CZFzO57htIGsvOc4Q)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Gamarue.F you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)