What is Worm:Win32/Cridex.B infection?
In this post you will find concerning the meaning of Worm:Win32/Cridex.B and also its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Worm:Win32/Cridex.B virus will instruct its targets to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Tries to suspend Cuckoo threads to prevent logging of malicious activity;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the records found on the target’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular networks whereby Worm:Win32/Cridex.B Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of individual ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from working in a correct manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that points out the demand for the sufferers to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the data system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Worm:Win32/Cridex.B distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Worm:Win32/Cridex.B grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ relying on particular local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In nations where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Worm:Win32/Cridex.B popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having located youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Worm:Win32/Cridex.B popup alert may wrongly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child pornography or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way contain a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 539879C6md5: b9d4ff2f5b07e04677a940a54d445405name: B9D4FF2F5B07E04677A940A54D445405.mlwsha1: 7776859d370e5f344eee48e48a4681637ea87844sha256: f58f84814e8f7f54a341829195722bf34e543a5892cb874fee8bd0eb3d4eaa58sha512: dbb7050c39ebb2cd670a9110b2f0a01024f2936aabd77dd959ac4928c6ad1da4e268120496d8128cbda8fd8ca75cc62dfcbe83f30796deba7fa4adc13cae61d2ssdeep: 1536:1VIA23a3LLupRHke+NnO4uTLkb+4Zi93wDpSNTQ25Y17J46AO:/IAXGHkfNOXTLkb+8i93wk5Y126rtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:InternalName: RCIMLBY.EXEFileDescription: x423x434x430x43bx435x43dx43dx44bx439 x43fx43ex43cx43ex449x43dx438x43a (Microsoft)FileVersion: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)CompanyName: x41ax43ex440x43fx43ex440x430x446x438x44f x41cx430x439x43ax440x43ex441x43ex444x442Translation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Worm:Win32/Cridex.B also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Zbot-FG|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=88)|
How to remove Worm:Win32/Cridex.B ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm:Win32/Cridex.B files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm:Win32/Cridex.B you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)