What is Worm.Gamarue infection?
In this short article you will certainly find regarding the definition of Worm.Gamarue as well as its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Worm.Gamarue infection will certainly advise its victims to start funds move for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Alphacrypt/Teslacrypt ransomware;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the target can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical channels where Worm.Gamarue Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of customer ending up on a resource that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s PC or stop the gadget from operating in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the victims to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or recovering the documents system back to the initial problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Worm.Gamarue circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Worm.Gamarue grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary relying on specific regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s device. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In nations where software program piracy is less popular, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Worm.Gamarue popup alert may incorrectly assert to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Worm.Gamarue popup alert might incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having located child porn or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will in a similar way include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: B64728ADmd5: 0764168a6208f87c49f9e89904f892e7name: 0764168A6208F87C49F9E89904F892E7.mlwsha1: 5fa8f95b20e3c43fbef262fc4107960e55e34fc7sha256: 69e9617a369669ac01308ddaa8fd82986110fceb28cca4b2ebde0c3b497c57acsha512: 2c808a53389fc47f10446907b6438f22bdb8cbcd379d3af51481943b2ed445cc12b2011c3c1a976426524ec6d3745d46ef24ab160ed3bad99efa85b8bc423592ssdeep: 6144:S21puWA9YFgLnrvJoLrA6WhV9W7oPg4NoSOmWXMc0:S2ruWA9Y2LrhoLMNV07qgeaj0type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2011 Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies).InternalName: assistant.exeFileVersion: 18.104.22.168CompanyName: Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies)ProductName: Qt AssistantProductVersion: 22.214.171.124FileDescription: Qt AssistantOriginalFilename: assistant.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Worm.Gamarue also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Wonton-CB|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Worm.Gamarue ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Worm.Gamarue files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Worm.Gamarue you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)