What is Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate concerning the interpretation of Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the cases, Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] infection will advise its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s tool.
Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] Summary
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (4 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial binary language: Chinese (Simplified);
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels whereby Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while likewise placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary relying on certain regional (local) setups. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and will report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful data on the tool.
Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid porn or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 6A6410DAmd5: e89d858f8b9cf41e090c446513a79138name: salikhac.exesha1: ee899c233da667985eb6dcc3023d7d80e7384687sha256: b908c4c07042d2b4045ce0c67a32a7025a7b851567dfcf84e4b53adfb66cf282sha512: dc0efd00b9f113068ecf1fe07e62dfff052c24430681e6b4f63e56456e191f4b882e4d6a843ce14aa0b7405d5cb830c8fb27dd52613e3610cb417472fbc3aed5ssdeep: 49152:UJQwMhbAblJ/06JtTKIxFtA4y5uJ/mKc1CivG3cVXcYz7NWu22wS3BNM:WQwMhbAblJ/06JtTKIxFtA4y5uJ/vc1type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: x672cx8f6fx4ef6x4ec5x4f9bx4ea4x6d41x5b66x4e60xff0cx8bf7x5728x4e0bx8f7dx540e24x5c0fx65f6x5185x5220x9664x3002FileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: LoserComments: x672cx8f6fx4ef6x4ec5x4f9bx4ea4x6d41x5b66x4e60xff0cx8bf7x5728x4e0bx8f7dx540e24x5c0fx65f6x5185x5220x9664x3002ProductName: x6ca1x540dProductVersion: 188.8.131.52FileDescription: QQx7fa41095630435Translation: 0x0804 0x04b0
Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Adware ( 005071f51 )|
|K7GW||Adware ( 005071f51 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.FlyStudio.AA potentially unwanted|
|Sophos||Generic PUA OO (PUA)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win64:PUP-gen [PUP] you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)