What is Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] infection?
In this article you will find concerning the meaning of Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] ransomware will certainly instruct its sufferers to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] Summary
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels through which Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or protect against the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or recovering the file system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been damaged.
Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] circulation channels.
In various edges of the globe, Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount may differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal web content.
In nations where software piracy is less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] popup alert may falsely assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located child pornography or other illegal information on the device.
Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] popup alert might falsely assert to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will likewise contain a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8E7DC1D4md5: 8b5777a9c4497fed1d9387d5070c6480name: 8B5777A9C4497FED1D9387D5070C6480.mlwsha1: 544a27b14213525b1e36d95bc34710f1cf07b875sha256: 55eee40a997443bc22b43a6b818d38e6a8f01dfe62d8b73ef50e34109e82df49sha512: 332d2cb6e85b23cc9e1b0388ea999f6af6f94450ca10f870361783ff86c911b2552cc4422fb018d0aef1c62a253e8197fd5f00cdcda8e4b1978d9af3059b6762ssdeep: 1536:NL91Da0Dnp+ckFFcdswE6oGlesJ5/3AjwOPHQJ1ebcNpNDoc:NLDQckFydgPGl/j3y2sbcNpNDltype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2011InternalName: mailopeFileVersion: 1, 0, 3, 1OriginalFilename: mailope.exeProductVersion: 1, 0, 3, 1Translation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0040f3c81 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0040f3c81 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-XLG|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32:LockScreen-WO [Trj] you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)