What is Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] infection?
In this short article you will find about the interpretation of Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] and its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to initiate funds move for the function of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] Summary
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (171 unique times);
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Kovter malware;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a library;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects SunBelt Sandbox through the presence of a library;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Creates a registry key or value with NUL characters to avoid detection with regedit;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a file;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a file;
- Detects VMware through the presence of a registry key;
- Detects Virtual PC through the presence of a file;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to modify browser security settings;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
One of the most common channels where Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the gadget from working in a proper fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the victims to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the first condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending upon particular local (local) setups. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s device. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful material.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this method is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] popup alert may incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having located youngster pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] popup alert may wrongly claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement establishment and will report having located child pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 2D24C42Emd5: c3f1be4bdc4fcacd0ea24e53739fcb66name: C3F1BE4BDC4FCACD0EA24E53739FCB66.mlwsha1: 30d7250df1d264459f58fe5e2fe8e659090fda21sha256: 309dfeea75011e3f739610f08e614e1520104636ed2ea431f38d2da653ec5751sha512: 6cae115606dd0642e2955c095bdf893d0391a4c5bead89529425c30ba56c0967070b748829438035d752bdbef660f805156ce94b253bfe419febc2781808fc89ssdeep: 6144:DAvZ6E0B2n2xOAsZS8DV8a/UN6N1+xgw387PV58:EvZ6E0SSOR6aYLxTkb8type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Pole ExultedInternalName: elbowpieceFileVersion: 1.5.2736.14872CompanyName: Pole ExultedProductName: elbowpiece pulvering gunProductVersion: 1.5.2736.14872FileDescription: elbowpiece cissusOriginalFilename: elbowpiece.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004c61ee1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004c61ee1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Zbot-KVZ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32:Kovter-Y [Trj] you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)