What is Win32/Waledac.FJ infection?
In this post you will discover about the interpretation of Win32/Waledac.FJ and also its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Waledac.FJ ransomware will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s tool.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization. Since VMs share the same disk space so it is expected that they won’t be getting as much space as an application running on
native hardware will have access to.
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks through which Win32/Waledac.FJ are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of individual ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or prevent the gadget from functioning in a proper way – while likewise positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the victims to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the records or bring back the documents system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Waledac.FJ circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/Waledac.FJ grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Waledac.FJ popup alert may incorrectly declare to be stemming from a police organization as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or other illegal information on the device.
Win32/Waledac.FJ popup alert might incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated youngster porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will likewise contain a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 31018DE4md5: 19e17983b39fd2d8be1eaf23f9fc2012name: 19E17983B39FD2D8BE1EAF23F9FC2012.mlwsha1: 662f9451e0643e0d8215fca75bbc9aa9dec3866dsha256: 858426eefc9c39687563483865d029357d72651c96e4e5c99a1334737d1d63c7sha512: fd25fe9b20c209194ee0356c4b5c5c001f21c61e96f740f48915df92096fdebcfbf8d8ece3cc1fcd6923fa419df176071f9211693f698a0c070eac0a2c1fee5essdeep: 6144:3vGr+57OeEzZSGz+4z2pQicTQ0JrQu+Oomg3WdgTgoSOla/i+8:3vJyzDtqHyQ0JzDoPGdFoSUaKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2010InternalName: UIScannerFileVersion: 13,0,21,1CompanyName: BitDefender S.R.L.ProductName: BitDefender 2010ProductVersion: 13,0,18,344FileDescription: BitDefender Antivirus ScannerOriginalFilename: uiscan.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Waledac.FJ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 001e60c61 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 001e60c61 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Waledac.FJ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/FakeAV-MR|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Waledac.FJ virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Waledac.FJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Waledac.FJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)