What is Win32/Virlock.J infection?
In this article you will find concerning the meaning of Win32/Virlock.J as well as its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the situations, Win32/Virlock.J infection will certainly advise its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent file extensions from being displayed;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most regular networks through which Win32/Virlock.J Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or protect against the tool from functioning in a proper way – while likewise putting a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Virlock.J distribution networks.
In various corners of the world, Win32/Virlock.J grows by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending upon specific local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain regional (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually found some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning illegal material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Virlock.J popup alert may falsely claim to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having located kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool.
Win32/Virlock.J popup alert may incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will likewise contain a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8D9C8805md5: 9e97df7b0c8e0f6225991d5768a88253name: 9E97DF7B0C8E0F6225991D5768A88253.mlwsha1: c40ab12eae827ecc3211858ce2fadf944dad973esha256: 4d23c236bb640016cdb728bce692fc801ca8c4bb53162365b93ae7a7e741d4ddsha512: a455c327707a424c59be3790453a5cabb1f6c554919b06aebf017b7283a951853a70850fa9608db08efe948745b925a45f726b8a0dbd1744718b26968551a8b9ssdeep: 24576:rHFi9017VUVmPC+aztfdX1D8wBEIWV1PV0YlENEnpnZryLvyWgXjVRWYdbEJ3Kk:Zi901ZU1JdFDPnE2aENKoreKY1Extype: MS-DOS executable, MZ for MS-DOS
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Virlock.J also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004b6d5e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004b6d5e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Virlock.J|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + W32/VirRnsm-F|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
How to remove Win32/Virlock.J ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Virlock.J files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Virlock.J you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/