What is Win32/VB.OSK infection?
In this post you will discover about the meaning of Win32/VB.OSK and also its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Win32/VB.OSK infection will instruct its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels whereby Win32/VB.OSK Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that hosts a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in an appropriate manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that points out the demand for the targets to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the files or recovering the file system back to the initial problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/VB.OSK distribution networks.
In different edges of the world, Win32/VB.OSK expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain local (local) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/VB.OSK popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a police organization and will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/VB.OSK popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment and also will report having located kid porn or various other unlawful information on the device. The alert will similarly contain a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 93949CBDmd5: c9e44f0f261f2a02065ef25d1f1f6c6bname: upload_filesha1: 9ae42dc5b9af3f018e7f508ed3bd70096fe35291sha256: 7a781653f88131195b76d384e51a7763ed2e75aaa2d7f5761a82fbfa5bf91089sha512: 20465e0e6460c9f04753d05e0927c2c261bb470e3bc392d7e410abff5c080f393b30ef02c20420a539df197315e901826ad8db1abf94638fc5f0e53e744f6900ssdeep: 24576:ssF6mZZcVKfIxTiEVc847flVC6faaQDbGV6eH81k6IbGD2JTu0GoZQDbGV6eH81L:fF6mw4gxeOw46fUbNecCCFbNecNtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2000InternalName: FlowerPowerFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1CompanyName: PrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: FlowerPowerSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1FileDescription: FlowerPowerOriginalFilename: FlowerPower.EXETranslation: 0x0c09 0x04b0
Win32/VB.OSK also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005619a01 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005619a01 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-BCEE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/VB.OSK ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/VB.OSK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/VB.OSK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)