What is Win32/Spy.VB.NUB infection?
In this post you will certainly locate concerning the meaning of Win32/Spy.VB.NUB and its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Win32/Spy.VB.NUB ransomware will instruct its victims to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Turkish;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates Zeus (Banking Trojan) mutexes;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks through which Win32/Spy.VB.NUB Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or prevent the tool from functioning in a correct fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Spy.VB.NUB distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/Spy.VB.NUB grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding illegal content.
In nations where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Spy.VB.NUB popup alert might falsely assert to be stemming from a police organization and will report having located youngster pornography or various other unlawful data on the tool.
Win32/Spy.VB.NUB popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly include a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 382BC702md5: 64dcad90cb35b18d32cdc7c561181685name: 64DCAD90CB35B18D32CDC7C561181685.mlwsha1: 3d29881eb8fd78c005b0e38c313269f5bef0811dsha256: 4a04f997963a9260dbd922d9cf7ce42246efe3b5dcc3578a1a626073c2aa5208sha512: 87fa8df557e8671b4dc4ee5f761e03b523ebe661162a29afce79f933a09edf62d2fbfd2cea487e569951a83180a08d3abcfa79d584d8b471d03ced55539e8c8assdeep: 6144:TFNjsI7+nts764aU4XlcF+QEncQdjmFVXiZwdFiNswUEdy5BC:TB78V4aUWC6ncQ6yZgFiNnTdeCtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:ProductVersion: 15.00InternalName: ServicesFileVersion: 15.00OriginalFilename: Services.exeProductName: ServicesTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Spy.VB.NUB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 00442b511 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 00442b511 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Spy.VB.NUB|
|VIPRE||Nirsoft Password Recovery (not malicious)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Spy.VB.NUB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Spy.VB.NUB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Spy.VB.NUB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)