What is Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM infection?
In this article you will certainly locate about the meaning of Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM and its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels through which Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the gadget from functioning in a proper manner – while likewise positioning a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM circulation networks.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM expands by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular regional (local) settings.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about illegal content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located child pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having located kid porn or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will similarly include a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8474ADB8md5: ad1bf40823d0a5a80710772173ee3e23name: pak444.exesha1: 22a55dc00d77e8f0d92e7299cd4781ff2154d1f8sha256: a1ae27c556ffb43e4a6826db470a0f43b09055235e959c3bb144dff0ab7fca51sha512: ebbb9d6316b2d36289b1a744bbb5ee85dc6e1c485c971eb0ae59ebea2d78efd9c408035d3b71f53c4960869685b59007ce7bc35fc7f5cb50f8f2f322914d251assdeep: 24576:lQbuDLxqwhLb1XqwsklS7FWhPNW8C8h8M:QIxqwtJXqqA5gJJ8type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9Rickard Johansson.InternalName: ManageabilityDescibedFileVersion: 18.104.22.1684CompanyName: Rickard JohanssonFileDescription: Weblog CompilersLegalTrademarks: Copyright xa9Rickard Johansson.Comments: Weblog CompilersProductName: ManageabilityDescibedProductVersion: 22.214.171.1244PrivateBuild: 126.96.36.1994OriginalFilename: ManageabilityDescibedTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 005520611 )|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 005520611 )|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Spy.Agent.PTM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)