What is Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL infection?
In this post you will certainly discover concerning the definition of Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL and also its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL infection will instruct its targets to launch funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks through which Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a source that holds a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the device from functioning in a correct way – while likewise placing a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending on specific regional (local) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s tool. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police organization as well as will report having located kid porn or various other unlawful data on the tool.
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located child porn or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will likewise include a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 53FCAD14md5: 740c32cefac30c905f5fea06b473d412name: hit777.exesha1: 2a03f94397e8d063f9bfd45c56516242c72c71ddsha256: 5a8089cb7519c8667b31517b57432905472c262bd9277b05593e55a2b6517e64sha512: 3467cfa7bdb29c9dd74e64b659fbd384e2ad4df918b465153e77bb0420150b70199b8b99cb95e8484021301c3cbb82a539f1d778bc6c1252a14eb4297cebab6essdeep: 12288:Oyj04uQkhwubU486JUac4pKAk92+rNSqJdwqo+Mb3ZvI8I:OyNhk/bUAJUErk9Pr8k9o+Ptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: 2006-2014 (c) XMedia RecodeInternalName: DnEasyFileVersion: 184.108.40.2069CompanyName: XMedia RecodeFileDescription: Hb Permitting Perl'sLegalTrademarks: 2006-2014 (c) XMedia RecodeProductName: DnEasyLanguages: EnglishProductVersion: 220.127.116.119PrivateBuild: 18.104.22.1689OriginalFilename: DnEasy.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00558bbd1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00558bbd1 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the install-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Spy.Agent.PTL you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)