What is Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF infection?
In this article you will locate about the definition of Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF as well as its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the cases, Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF infection will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction;
- Creates RWX memory;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- The following process appear to have been packed with Themida: no_more_ransom.exe;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Clears Windows events or logs;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Appends a known Troldesh ransomware file extension to files that have been encrypted;
- Anomalous binary characteristics;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most typical networks through which Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or protect against the tool from functioning in a correct manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF circulation channels.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF expands by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon specific regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain local (local) setups.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF popup alert may wrongly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having located child porn or other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: D694E59Cmd5: a08f5af2c6e92cf431d6c150536fd6d7name: no_more_ransom.exesha1: de42e4b815cf9d344b2beb09a55d59ba89725374sha256: 3cb3e5d46cfbd6e6f7e1cb2398df4ff36d615657e9156bd5381564e283ce58a8sha512: 73c7b8b5fa8a3a6bb0c4a4f615f2769d82930b88ff1676b436f652c2e5e7122c92fc21e5148906fe78125ca9008a56e4af139effe3e560e8d466096135fd8757ssdeep: 98304:5suX7O0/lnW66aClx+VoRNcdaLiq2Bqo6R2y8k8398AmbN/aFJ8w7s+zYI2F90AE:57rO4nW6X0x+tamZBcR2y8L3aAmb5aFRtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053b7fb1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053b7fb1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.Gen.CF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)