What is Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover about the interpretation of Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM as well as its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM virus will certainly instruct its victims to start funds move for the function of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- The following process appear to have been packed with Themida: permissions.exe;
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels through which Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that hosts a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or prevent the tool from operating in a correct fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the first condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM circulation networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on particular regional (local) setups.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited material.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM popup alert might falsely declare to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child porn or other prohibited information on the tool.
Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution as well as will report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: CD94AE90md5: a006add1efdaa97d5ee5a7159f923d48name: permissions.exesha1: 1107452f4d980b3b5c6f2118bc44cb5326e47ee7sha256: c02e6c4e8ddcd2c1b9157faed06f7eabad89f9bda471ccc60fd02ef8b6f470ecsha512: d0082b30e1b6ed8355fa04124f6cd013d74ec8e691b2961fcc19e416448621917dfec86338a10aedc7db15fe114a08e17a85b211c7a5fcac9feebe9f79635e81ssdeep: 49152:AcZGDTFlpEo73LOjtmrei1cmo1gt37Ez5X3gGYy/:DkHFlao3ymrFc71u3gztJ/type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0040f4ef1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0040f4ef1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.EFM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)