What is Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate concerning the interpretation of Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP and also its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to start funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- The following process appear to have been packed with Themida: no_more_ransom.exe;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Clears Windows events or logs;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks where Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or avoid the gadget from operating in an appropriate manner – while also putting a ransom note that states the requirement for the victims to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the file system back to the preliminary condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the globe, Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP grows by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending upon specific local (local) settings. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this method is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP popup alert might incorrectly claim to be originating from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP popup alert may incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will report having located kid porn or other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way contain a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5F83B2A0md5: 3c1116694aac7746107c95752cf3e3e0name: no_more_ransom.exesha1: 647d24a066f5b72a34cb4b3531af907190dd9323sha256: 3aff11c84f22cc7459d88dd79edeb48536b704d8dfc646a09a8fd02b00ecc4aasha512: 6eb2d304e97b95ce1155cf3af8f399c3e5a4bd059214716429f5cbacbadb3ad2b9667aa36a1a3aa1dab2f1d4bd1c59f9186ce0eaba9a9fcb4e76262e32223739ssdeep: 49152:2OhCwpwhK6Qfvo6AJOINZgNRtmZwsssArMOrs5jsXKtTSUY4TpZdbNwIil/M7qHX:2ORqNQY66O+ubtmZwVj4K6jsXKYUTTpEtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2016InternalName: League of LegendsFileVersion: 18.104.22.16857ProductName: League of LegendsProductVersion: 22.214.171.12457FileDescription: League of LegendsOriginalFilename: LeagueClientUx.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP also known as:
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053b7fb1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053b7fb1 )|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP|
|SentinelOne||static engine – malicious|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BIP you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)