What is Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL infection?
In this article you will certainly find concerning the definition of Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL and also its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL infection will certainly advise its victims to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- The following process appear to have been packed with Themida: new.exe;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the target’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks through which Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the device from functioning in a correct way – while likewise placing a ransom note that states the need for the victims to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL circulation channels.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL grows by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might vary depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL popup alert might falsely declare to be stemming from a law enforcement institution and will report having located child pornography or other prohibited information on the device.
Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated child pornography or various other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way contain a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: F699C3D0md5: 227c301f59c31208ab72c24a174f1e17name: new.exesha1: f051adb24edaeb44374bbf12cf95dbfc351f590esha256: ee16f94cfd370950277cae29229f9bb61fd9493e831d961416d1b38fdb65c8c0sha512: e1fa555d995e8eb7eb79f34cebb04d83adf32f23b2a57dc18518259f0ab1247a79b08e30aee20c31a04e09028d2a0a652f2ecb5415fa70d1f6345dae0fe56492ssdeep: 98304:z1m0z2DrzRPZK7FxuaFcNUJ9O9bN/aVSyViUUj+oyX90p54/g5:z1p2Drzu7FsaGN9b5aVvi3j+oq848type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL also known as:
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00539edf1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00539edf1 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL|
|SentinelOne||static engine – malicious|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Themida.BFL you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)