What is Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious infection?
In this post you will locate regarding the meaning of Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious and its unfavorable impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious virus will instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious Summary
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the target’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or prevent the device from functioning in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the initial condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious circulation channels.
In various edges of the world, Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom amount may differ relying on specific local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious popup alert might falsely claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having situated kid pornography or other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious popup alert might falsely assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having situated youngster porn or other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will likewise have a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5CE3487Amd5: 985ae2fa05f166886140c2733df06bc7name: 985AE2FA05F166886140C2733DF06BC7.mlwsha1: 9f7e7eed20c341ddb7856e10525870ddd308d654sha256: 8f2a78b4b0b88709ec00a8e115b6cec125638bc67ba4d50b02bf4a6c1e524c50sha512: 8de7bbed37db6b2122dd100b783f737f0dd6b943acfb910c158c5c8edc9abfc051d3c382d4f9872eae48c6d4be70ea29a7898fe97c5bd44bdf6437b128dc7685ssdeep: 24576:4twDXHYNXjSNuLxVA0tkxf99wwsJrscPFaL2wdz68J5Nu60Xav:QweXsIu3xEJrsxndz6W5A64avtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: ddd.exeFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: ddd.exe
Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e39b1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e39b1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.J suspicious you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/