What is Win32/Packed.Enigma.N infection?
In this post you will find concerning the meaning of Win32/Packed.Enigma.N as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Packed.Enigma.N virus will advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization. Since VMs share the same disk space so it is expected that they won’t be getting as much space as an application running on
native hardware will have access to.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Behavior consistent with a dropper attempting to download the next stage.;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Locky ransomware;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/Packed.Enigma.N Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the tool from operating in a correct way – while also putting a ransom note that states the demand for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Packed.Enigma.N distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/Packed.Enigma.N expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on certain local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful material.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/Packed.Enigma.N popup alert might falsely assert to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located kid pornography or various other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/Packed.Enigma.N popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 10EAED04md5: d494b4e1efc70415a104e43e29c34016name: D494B4E1EFC70415A104E43E29C34016.mlwsha1: 083e9610cb54cda62e379b01f8bef013272f57d0sha256: 89b567b07a6d02e647cbad07d01ecb723dedd8095a84c8080ecf6f8c2b6ace09sha512: dcf4917243ebec055f9d6e08609f9e217212d107a3e4272c143d024e32605aebe05a71b41a105472768232f03a4b7e6212a90d258e2d81d0f1d411104b19d8f7ssdeep: 24576:yrRUi8rCHx+UMEcmdDebQcmfnJ3IuSMwK6sz2LKXB8R5lsN3pqANMTUr7zAnBr:6UDWAUMqwbQ7nJ3IwF64LBG5ls1MTUDtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: w.exeFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: w.exe
Win32/Packed.Enigma.N also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00502b341 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00502b341 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Packed.Enigma.N|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Packed.Enigma.N ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Packed.Enigma.N files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Packed.Enigma.N you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)