What is Win32/LockScreen.YD infection?
In this article you will certainly locate concerning the definition of Win32/LockScreen.YD as well as its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
Most of the instances, Win32/LockScreen.YD infection will instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Kuwait);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers situated on the victim’s disk drive — so the target can no longer use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Win32/LockScreen.YD Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or stop the tool from working in a proper way – while likewise putting a ransom note that discusses the demand for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or recovering the file system back to the initial problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/LockScreen.YD distribution channels.
In different corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.YD grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary relying on specific regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding illegal content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.YD popup alert may incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police establishment and also will certainly report having located child pornography or other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.YD popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will in a similar way contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E6ADD3D8md5: fa10dcb984a45b35c46aba80698366adname: FA10DCB984A45B35C46ABA80698366AD.mlwsha1: 1497aa5ae99220d5043a48318211d5e32a958b39sha256: 0b8b5267fe7a6feee5f874054f5b3845f4b6e8b54ca13992d930bd2fe29a3bc5sha512: b0ea2d82f4cf6fd43221d0c86448d3b5bc39165c6e5065873e23e544937ea59a4f7826443787228cd7aa7ba1319179ad74a52b7726e88cd78b30ee92d699200fssdeep: 3072:W9Lyeu5a7zgFczzGRlOwR3THxLmb/k/XMI1EYW2sRfHP:75SzhviZbxLcPNj2stype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Russo Montreal Alexei Bragg Goldstin Elinor Scotty Chao Cobb InternalName: tochFileVersion: 3.08.00031CompanyName: EsmarkLoireGermanicCherylTuscaloosaGullah Endicott DwightTruk RutlandComments: PlutoDanteCaesarian Conner VivaldiTempletonBernard Nehru ProductName: Grendel EdinburghConstantine Pompeii Rafael BroadwayHawleyHeckmanHansenHesperusProductVersion: 3.08.00031FileDescription: StanleyStevenDobbs AlfonsoWilfredAnnalenStephanie MaxineBathurstOriginalFilename: toch.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/LockScreen.YD also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.YD virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.YD files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.YD you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)