What is Win32/LockScreen.WX infection?
In this article you will locate regarding the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.WX as well as its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/LockScreen.WX ransomware will instruct its targets to start funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers situated on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the target can no more use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most normal channels where Win32/LockScreen.WX are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that organizes a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or protect against the gadget from operating in an appropriate fashion – while likewise positioning a ransom note that states the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the papers or bring back the data system back to the initial problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.WX circulation channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.WX expands by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending upon particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less prominent, this method is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.WX popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a police institution and also will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/LockScreen.WX popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the device. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: DA5A4DABmd5: 7209fe5062040997beafaa334d53bdf4name: 7209FE5062040997BEAFAA334D53BDF4.mlwsha1: e2f4f50fec28a3db4da5852b38174e44897ec01asha256: 7e01e01954a30270508010798e422bede5c88721b53ab29ad887a8444fb10a9bsha512: bc8c79c223d86b36c445e687cc3ffc533b705bdcdc04556f13af4a6471f6af8d7efda18254e822c808f6e349da7865cacc7471d7d21feda97ce643b0e9d1f28fssdeep: 1536:1vm/oKgRpTuW/Yf1V/goFSpqwDuBlTbdaab:Bm/4RpFYHIoFSpqwOtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.WX also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/FakeAV-BW|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=98)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.WX virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.WX files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.WX you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)