What is Win32/LockScreen.VF infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate concerning the meaning of Win32/LockScreen.VF and also its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the instances, Win32/LockScreen.VF ransomware will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by registry key;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks whereby Win32/LockScreen.VF Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the gadget from operating in a proper way – while also placing a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the initial problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.VF circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.VF grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific neighborhood (local) settings.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.VF popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a police organization as well as will report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.VF popup alert might falsely assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement institution and will report having located youngster pornography or other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: C8674687md5: 3b31b51f788db85e0f3ecb2b6029e21cname: 3B31B51F788DB85E0F3ECB2B6029E21C.mlwsha1: 529406e6912635cf42ab5d3d6deb8790f5053c8csha256: 7d9fc5c3e44f3ba6927eb13558c64814944e793c8d6f2100e42d8810376d73a5sha512: 93f01533cc400c8d42774f507c1a33079a0f97858c3c62eac749329b5196e559444948670c1bff8f6d0de754c705ff2a3e0e57645161b62998e4d5af26c00206ssdeep: 1536:76r21cIHhJKqMkeV0fVPBt4KdSfUs5NMUGrBWvd4K0W1T7F:7fG2WkcKV5t4XUoBGrBYd4Kb7Ftype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.VF also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053b6a31 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053b6a31 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.VF|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Behav-243|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.VF virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.VF files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.VF you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/