What is Win32/LockScreen.BRM infection?
In this post you will discover concerning the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.BRM as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a target.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/LockScreen.BRM infection will instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Ciphering the records found on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels where Win32/LockScreen.BRM Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a source that holds a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the tool from working in an appropriate fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that discusses the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the documents system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.BRM distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/LockScreen.BRM grows by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending on specific local (local) settings. The ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending on specific local (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited content.
In nations where software program piracy is less prominent, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/LockScreen.BRM popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having located kid porn or various other unlawful data on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.BRM popup alert might wrongly claim to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: A42B1AF1md5: 494e911f643d6311416debb3cd1f80ebname: 494E911F643D6311416DEBB3CD1F80EB.mlwsha1: 05a2a22fbd9db14f498d967f8e24b95fcaed9121sha256: 744ffe8eaa82815433d35685e4b84a58bfb3f664549c7a2128536156307ba58bsha512: 21221c6dee96f409e628e8f59633142faedc07fb5f9eabc7d96b8fb4e153eccaf2c2c31528e15f5bfc820c411e35e21f5eb76b42e1e07d2b268a97ad8aba6af3ssdeep: 49152:yM0jwIpQZ4R/QgH3yNl/0SLEQH5vtaRiODYCdTvFE:yM0c+cuapBNt0PGtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.BRM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0054140e1 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0054140e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.BRM|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.BRM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.BRM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.BRM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/