What is Win32/LockScreen.BPS infection?
In this post you will certainly find concerning the definition of Win32/LockScreen.BPS as well as its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/LockScreen.BPS virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks whereby Win32/LockScreen.BPS Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the tool from operating in an appropriate manner – while likewise placing a ransom money note that mentions the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the first problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/LockScreen.BPS circulation networks.
In different edges of the globe, Win32/LockScreen.BPS grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary relying on specific regional (local) setups. The ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on specific neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.BPS popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having located youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.BPS popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement organization as well as will report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 7DA6B2EAmd5: 8d15a9ecc0c6a965abb7b8287cee9b5aname: 8D15A9ECC0C6A965ABB7B8287CEE9B5A.mlwsha1: c3deab0876f367441140ad1c5abc1e9b0682edc6sha256: 0f3b03ce8b1a9d1ea116804ef82dd9cb57a292d416f1b6d08a9f56b4e8241a80sha512: 5bb92f59d4cd4f6a1925f19ec9967287e4f5aa1ce56bd994909589a13b0bfc208086782b1d03e4ce03a61e75e487f8ecb2907fdd18cf84ccb9d7ba0f80259429ssdeep: 6144:Mr4GSn4VVoAaVZNa+/WuB/36RMBjv5xP/EEoDV9Ep7paXI6EE/l7uqtK:Y4G+4VVoAoZXfARMDNEEn3aXxJztype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft CorporationInternalName: Services.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationLegalTrademarks: xa9 Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoftxae Windowsxae Operating SystemProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: Service PackOriginalFilename: Services.exeTranslation: 0x0419 0x04e3
Win32/LockScreen.BPS also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 7000000f1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 7000000f1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.BPS|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.BPS virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.BPS files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.BPS you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)