What is Win32/LockScreen.AWE infection?
In this short article you will certainly find about the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.AWE and also its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the situations, Win32/LockScreen.AWE virus will advise its targets to start funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks through which Win32/LockScreen.AWE Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or avoid the device from operating in a proper fashion – while likewise putting a ransom note that points out the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/LockScreen.AWE distribution networks.
In different corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.AWE grows by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending upon certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.AWE popup alert might incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having located youngster porn or other illegal data on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.AWE popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 0358D6F4md5: 12f78bbe05e100d74c1f7d569976fc64name: 12F78BBE05E100D74C1F7D569976FC64.mlwsha1: 316102f5906527d7bb86b273f1a719f41d8cb032sha256: 95e4958b1ae89760bbf7a46fad1457c037d897dfa9548ad930624671c6eb17d2sha512: bd46fcfbdf221b73eb0916b443305112907d6433cacf680e9e27fcccc838a738ed2bc865aa93e5aebe4212676e4e4e0bc3614906aa09cda5c76270224d14e618ssdeep: 768:Qcmkk2CJZ98G4XTQnhhAQliOYSseUYVINe4IlASm:QcFSJb8TQnzAQcsUre3lNtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.AWE also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e39b1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e39b1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.AWE|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Agent-ACAP|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.AWE virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.AWE files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.AWE you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)