What is Win32/LockScreen.ATH infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.ATH as well as its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Win32/LockScreen.ATH virus will advise its sufferers to start funds move for the purpose of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks where Win32/LockScreen.ATH Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that hosts a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the gadget from operating in a proper way – while likewise placing a ransom money note that mentions the need for the victims to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.ATH distribution networks.
In different corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.ATH expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ relying on specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs about unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about unlawful content.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this method is not as effective for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Win32/LockScreen.ATH popup alert may wrongly assert to be stemming from a police organization as well as will certainly report having located child porn or other unlawful data on the device.
Win32/LockScreen.ATH popup alert might wrongly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and also will report having located child pornography or other prohibited data on the device. The alert will in a similar way contain a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8A84CF82md5: 703986d0345900c0d3dc95a3e810caf0name: 703986D0345900C0D3DC95A3E810CAF0.mlwsha1: 7bd4416f0f401e5c9b5427420f0741f513827e07sha256: 015ab066b5f5d55333a35f35a78570fe0970e208f58caabdf8fa9009b3b9677dsha512: eb3785d78f5c3ac2facdf7944e3512b390f26d6fe257687570903f07090c78801dd1981fef9e1b438dcec4f83837ba87011935598dfd998e5b1c39bc968bf5d7ssdeep: 768:PccPkHbB8dPS7RscHSvzAVQ+XpQ/aD1j1+K0jw:Pc5bMPS71yvzAVQ+Xfx+Ltype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.ATH also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.ATH|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.ATH ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.ATH files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.ATH you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)