What is Win32/LockScreen.ASJ infection?
In this article you will locate about the meaning of Win32/LockScreen.ASJ and also its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online scams to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/LockScreen.ASJ ransomware will instruct its targets to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels through which Win32/LockScreen.ASJ Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that holds a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or stop the tool from operating in a correct way – while also placing a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.ASJ distribution channels.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.ASJ grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on particular local (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Win32/LockScreen.ASJ popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having situated child porn or other unlawful data on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.ASJ popup alert may wrongly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement organization as well as will report having situated child porn or various other unlawful information on the tool. The alert will in a similar way contain a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 713717B6md5: 21c38df5aa4431808a90a14775d8687cname: 21C38DF5AA4431808A90A14775D8687C.mlwsha1: 7d7bf946a0addbc197017920b607398bce9bf096sha256: 9f6f9a6aaf3f224f613467f36cf4a796009b5a091e19a8596887645aa25cf29csha512: c65fcec6a1c0fcd559fdb4bb1f9fe2440c6efcf1f655d6bbd6e959a5502e4795b62d6d6ad5318e6295295dec79ae5f1739a640d06e9371e051a2549ee51ff858ssdeep: 768:Og1ieMaVFk2+zKT4Sd4/t3hyLbhKBTdh+wD9:MeZVC9g4zIlU+wtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.ASJ also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.ASJ|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Troj/Ransom-RG|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.ASJ virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.ASJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.ASJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)