What is Win32/LockScreen.AJU infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate concerning the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.AJU and also its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online frauds to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Win32/LockScreen.AJU ransomware will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Ciphering the papers situated on the target’s disk drive — so the target can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels through which Win32/LockScreen.AJU are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a source that holds a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the gadget from functioning in an appropriate fashion – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the preliminary problem. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.AJU distribution channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/LockScreen.AJU expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on specific local (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on particular local (regional) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful material.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/LockScreen.AJU popup alert may wrongly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and also will certainly report having located child pornography or other illegal information on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.AJU popup alert might incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will similarly consist of a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: B161FCF8md5: 8c05c4937be132534245244da6701864name: 8C05C4937BE132534245244DA6701864.mlwsha1: a1b9513017a1eca37a615e5838f8e7ee3c132546sha256: 8fb04a7cf3d9fd68530c03e8dc7082f440b03d8317708597926e24038c7eb2f0sha512: 043718ff3eb1a8c887fc961d279361981b09f2533d59f97986b55481045e92d7d59041aa1179f18dcbb80cb0bc44dac45d7a05cd19c217da0227aec5c1c829aassdeep: 1536:fUkUeRDKkdjFfDxrwK/3L1Gk3e/5lcui4RUhbIDNKDRmdJ5CMK2FY2O6jOtESMg:gMtt/3ok3e/bcuxgbIRK1mbMMKoYYattype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Repay xa9 Incest Until 1995-2006InternalName: Dough Nasal Lola Vats MarxFileVersion: 1.1CompanyName: Pinnacle SystemsComments: Bars Van Tomb Check Scorn BoilsProductName: Cinch Alma Tapes Lumpy Myopia NoteProductVersion: 1.1FileDescription: Beans IcbmOriginalFilename: Trudy.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/LockScreen.AJU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( f1000f011 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( f1000f011 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Ransom-L|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.AJU ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.AJU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.AJU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)