What is Win32/LockScreen.AHM infection?
In this post you will certainly locate concerning the definition of Win32/LockScreen.AHM and its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/LockScreen.AHM virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the function of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Ciphering the records situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks whereby Win32/LockScreen.AHM Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s PC or stop the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that discusses the requirement for the victims to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the papers or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.AHM distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.AHM expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending upon specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on particular local (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Win32/LockScreen.AHM popup alert might falsely declare to be originating from a police organization as well as will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/LockScreen.AHM popup alert might wrongly assert to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8FC59C02md5: 099923485f53b520947293618cb13ba9name: 099923485F53B520947293618CB13BA9.mlwsha1: f850ef71f85a38758f24acb0563e35b235b19f4asha256: ca77f739f23423fc177f33a5b0af93b17d08d421e5189edcddb2cdc561c14f8asha512: 7efdde1b70a43aebba7c1fc10df3dea40e05ad9c514cfedc55881e7c1700ecf0076782fcdf16a9fe2278773d8186d49e9dd82bea8f25449b285636c595d52550ssdeep: 1536:leMDn/a8bM3kDN4jCIwO+fT77BTHZJla6ifi9woC9DlHSMn49Eb2eGF:leeiZMN4+IwO+fzBT5Jg6i+wHDHSM49type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.AHM also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/EncPk-AAT|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.AHM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.AHM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.AHM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)