What is Win32/LockScreen.AFR infection?
In this article you will certainly discover concerning the interpretation of Win32/LockScreen.AFR and its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Win32/LockScreen.AFR virus will instruct its sufferers to launch funds move for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels where Win32/LockScreen.AFR Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the gadget from functioning in a correct fashion – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the need for the victims to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/LockScreen.AFR circulation channels.
In various corners of the world, Win32/LockScreen.AFR expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending upon particular local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s device. The sharp then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/LockScreen.AFR popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated kid porn or other prohibited information on the tool.
Win32/LockScreen.AFR popup alert may falsely assert to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will likewise contain a need for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: AD71F8ABmd5: ba417fbd876182ecb478fac0d94ab41fname: BA417FBD876182ECB478FAC0D94AB41F.mlwsha1: 5f6577b67814d61d96a82c77f38488b051b8a3d3sha256: 5828d1480ada7539cc153fe3fc407aba7d2e12cbc3a9514fcbb16031f9b06f70sha512: 23bb89af3c4325706ca379eefe84ca74bb1e9bbc8ec4327d1c22d0b332c1e0c30bbb8717dc531e442f8f9d3e9ad959a7c5f0cb77ab2be9696c14c987d91dc6a0ssdeep: 1536:LvKH37pEyxwV8SaIokjJy/lTN33o0iYmvlzCAA4A:LElSaJ/lT60ozCB4Atype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/LockScreen.AFR also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00242a081 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00242a081 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Win32/LockScreen.AFR ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/LockScreen.AFR files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/LockScreen.AFR you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)