What is Win32/Kryptik.NHJ infection?
In this post you will locate regarding the definition of Win32/Kryptik.NHJ as well as its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Win32/Kryptik.NHJ virus will certainly instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the files located on the victim’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks through which Win32/Kryptik.NHJ Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that holds a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or avoid the device from working in a correct fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that states the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.NHJ distribution networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Win32/Kryptik.NHJ expands by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ relying on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on certain regional (local) settings.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.NHJ popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a police establishment and will report having situated youngster porn or other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.NHJ popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having located kid pornography or various other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way include a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: A7AF02EEmd5: 81f61d9fd2ad8bd1fad508e957518839name: 81F61D9FD2AD8BD1FAD508E957518839.mlwsha1: 6c77385c26c8c569b203df7fe657c9678a876c43sha256: 9dda0718d6da24ab52256abaf47006bc74fa7f284af4e6d4f90287debf93d86fsha512: e4b1ec88d2241b14ae8ffbb37010db2e12f8903e47da34bc3f3dfccf9776410531b119aa76c904e3c2bcb57e93a50a51e36deab948ebfa4a2222acd3b41063acssdeep: 384:xcNwd4My74RZXZzsYgxAgjCVpP9SXNz69fEqhX8r/dcUcR01GHSFwmJnVc0:u4RZp4lljCV9kufdS/dcUxBNVctype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2011 Heaventools SoftwareInternalName: Hostex.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: BitDefenderProductName: Hostex ControllerProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: Hostex ControllerOriginalFilename: Hostex.exeTranslation: 0x0810 0x04b0
Win32/Kryptik.NHJ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00274f891 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00274f891 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.NHJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.NHJ virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.NHJ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.NHJ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)