What is Win32/Kryptik.HIMG infection?
In this article you will locate about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HIMG as well as its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.HIMG virus will certainly advise its victims to start funds transfer for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s tool.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Contacts C&C server HTTP check-in (Banking Trojan);
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common networks whereby Win32/Kryptik.HIMG Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of individual ending up on a source that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or stop the device from working in a correct way – while additionally putting a ransom money note that states the demand for the sufferers to effect the payment for the purpose of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.HIMG distribution networks.
In different corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.HIMG expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might vary relying on certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about illegal content.
In nations where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Win32/Kryptik.HIMG popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a police establishment and will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.HIMG popup alert might wrongly claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and also will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the device. The alert will similarly have a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 3720FCA3md5: 1fae576f6819700b5cce4ecdb6b1ef9fname: 1FAE576F6819700B5CCE4ECDB6B1EF9F.mlwsha1: 838953936e03c8727998f4ca1c19fe6bc4ef28cesha256: e892dfccde8f30192795edb3334e46fe74b4b38b92c5cbd76589c2eab71a09d0sha512: 401bcd6bd25835fd32680a7dfe3321e9a43e9db5eaef88dd44b0251c0db51a5345299935db2d460ecf599a0e957be68fc589c0ab7cfde4b8e4edad7b5d352a86ssdeep: 12288:y1faNOEi2Td4jw18sDbUMiLJP51tRq9+kkMmndBq9FeZ/h10ACE:EB0ZgM8nFLJB1tRkcVh1stype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.HIMG also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005756a61 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005756a61 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/EncPk-APW|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HIMG|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HIMG virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HIMG files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HIMG you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)