What is Win32/Kryptik.HIKM infection?
In this short article you will locate about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.HIKM and its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.HIKM virus will instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Slovenian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks through which Win32/Kryptik.HIKM are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user winding up on a resource that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from working in an appropriate manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that mentions the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the preliminary problem. In many instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.HIKM distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.HIKM grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money quantity might vary depending upon particular neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on certain local (local) setups.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.HIKM popup alert might falsely assert to be deriving from a police establishment and also will report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Win32/Kryptik.HIKM popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other prohibited information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 3B29746Dmd5: 95aea26966cfd94893c3abd8b951c364name: 95AEA26966CFD94893C3ABD8B951C364.mlwsha1: 77734c4e87f2af6fc25d7e9971e75bf71f08bd98sha256: af32fb5cf9a15d419da3f6f33370de5aa3e4b81975348743f37b45a55da0f621sha512: 35e137d47233ed16601c9f7de54f8078d8698e3dbe1b7acce5de4109a3f886126ba52db397e3768347b253e833b29fe7d761ca6867678f5a000db45393712737ssdeep: 12288:MB0EAxxakN0rO3p6ma7cRaFUg5TWkg4/wpLxsnnyMCTH1F95/sOADCC:M2bxxaY0qp6bYaFUQSkg7pLxsnyMY5ktype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:InternalSurname: rebound.exeProduct: 1.7.6FileVersions: 220.127.116.11LegalCo: Copyri (C) 2019, patridionTranslation: 0x5439 0x00fa
Win32/Kryptik.HIKM also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HIKM|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.HIKM ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.HIKM files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.HIKM you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)