What is Win32/Kryptik.GUGP infection?
In this article you will discover about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GUGP as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GUGP virus will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most regular channels whereby Win32/Kryptik.GUGP Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a source that organizes a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or protect against the tool from functioning in a proper manner – while likewise putting a ransom note that states the demand for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the initial condition. In a lot of instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GUGP circulation channels.
In different edges of the world, Win32/Kryptik.GUGP expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GUGP popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police institution and will report having situated child porn or other illegal information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GUGP popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will report having located child porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: F43773F2md5: 795c2a4da9c681054bc285a3234ffe16name: 795C2A4DA9C681054BC285A3234FFE16.mlwsha1: f4a2918181ee20345a2321a20d7f5ea500900ba2sha256: 7be83be2dba75e844d48feeca6a91e078b47c628f12bc14c02e8b479b595254csha512: a3e9abc18c18ea3d57dd6df0f01cf327730d1b9fae6d9448a0d9211feee5d36251ef0ca636449a7afa5b2a88c855ed6da840c5ec246621f034dd1a0bd7c46757ssdeep: 6144:FTFWj6kFkmVajFW0vrKtE7WANyx+Z21avZ79mVd63O8r9japGM2l9BiSU:FTU64tARv7ZNy4Z2kvZq63OqdaGlleSUtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GUGP also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00546d1b1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00546d1b1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GUGP|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GUGP virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GUGP files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GUGP you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)